The Translate Page is where you can manage your translations from. You can edit, save and publish your text, tags, and images.
- Return to your “Page List”.
- See the page’s URL. You can click on the URL to have it open in a new tab.
- Publish & Save your pages. If the page is published already, the button will appear in blue. If the page is already published, it will appear in gray.
- Hover over the ellipsis icon to unpublish the page, refresh content, delete the page, download and upload content.
* When you delete the page, only the translated page will be deleted. The source website will remain intact.
- Add a language to your project by clicking on the language drop-down.
The dot in front of the language will appear full in green if the translation is published, empty in green, if it was saved but not published, and in gray if it’s not saved.
- View the layout of your translated web page with the Live Edit feature. You can make in-context edits.
- Search for text in any of the languages.
- Filter your results by selecting Machine, Pro, Edited, Empty or Hidden. Select “all” to remove the filter.
- Your website’s content will be categorized into text, tags or images.
Click on “<TAGS>” to translate tags (non-visible content). This feature is only available with the Library integration method, and not with the Code Snippet.
Click on “IMAGES” to replace images.
- Choose between Machine translation and Professional Translation when clicking on “TRANSLATE ALL”.
Click on the pen icon to change the page’s source language. When the original language is changed, only the machine translation for the changed page will be deleted.
On the left column of the Translate Page, you will see all the content WOVN.io found on the source language web page. The column on the right side is where you will see the translated content and can edit it.
When you hover over any translation box, three icons will appear:
- “Machine Translate” to replace the current content with a machine translation of the original text.
- “Hide” to not display the translated content on the website.
- “Revert” to empty the current translation. If the box in the right column is left empty, the original text will be shown on the web page.
A red circle will be displayed on the left of the source language translation box when this content is new. New content is added when creating a page for the first time or new content is found on your page and added automatically.
If you can’t find the piece of content you are looking for, on the ellipsis icon next to “Publish and Save” you will find “Refrech Content”.
Click here for more information on dynamic content.
Auto Content Add
To add content to your project, you can do it manually or have WOVN.io find and add it automatically.
- Click on “+ CUSTOM VALUE”.
- Enter the text that is on your web page in the new Translation box on the left column.
- Enter the translated content in the Translation box on the right column.
- Publish & Save to apply your changes.
Things to keep in mind:
WOVN.io separates translations by HTML tags. As an example, if you add “hello” and its translation in Japanese “こんにちは”, <p>hello</p> in your HTML will be affected, but not <p>hello Jane</p>.